Dear blog reader,
Would you like to improve your Skype for Business skills? Look no further – I’ve listed five useful Skype for Business tips for you. In this post, you’ll find my fifth tip about status change alerts. You can find the other four tips here:
- Skype for business tip 1: Send messages with a shortcut
- Skype for business tip 2: How to send a meeting request
- Skype for business tip 3: How to send your screen
- Skype for business tip 4: Do Not Disturb… with some exceptions
What if you urgently need to talk to one of your colleagues, but you can’t reach them via Skype for Business because their status is set to ‘Away’ or ‘Do Not Disturb’? Unfortunately, you can’t magically summon them back to their computer, but you can tag them for status change alerts. The name says it all: if you set a status change alert, you’ll be notified when your colleague’s availability status changes.
Would you like to tag a colleague for status change alerts? Just follow these steps:
- Open Skype for Business.
- Right-click the contact you want to receive an alert for.
- Click ‘Tag for Status Change Alerts’.
- You’ll now receive a notification when your contact changes their availability status.
That’s it! This was the last of my five tips. Do you have any questions about Skype for Business or other Office (365) tools? Be sure to leave them in the comments!